Transport of electrical and mechanical engineering
DCC: Rationalization of infrastructure
Defense Construction Canada (DCC)
Construction of two new buildings (12,300 m² and 800 m²) housing the infrastructure of the transport, electrical and mechanical engineering divisions, repair workshops, administrative areas and user services. Four buildings were also to be demolished.
The works included among others:
- Temporary parking for workers
- Installation of a secure site fence at the site perimeter to control access
- Civil underground infrastructure (sanitary, rain, aqueduct)
- Steam network
- Parking lots and streets
- Excavation and backfill
- Concreting works of more than 8500 m³
- Building envelope in insulated metal panel
- Complete mechanical and electrical work
- Complete architectural finishes
- Complete work relating to the installation of a truck wash.
The area of the four buildings to be deconstructed was as follows: 4,457 m², 2,750 m², 248 m² and 205 m².
The proximity of aircraft runways, as well as the presence of dangerous material such as asbestos, required special methods. LEED silver certification project.
- Customer :
- Defense Construction Canada (DCC)
- Localisation :
- 3e Escadre, Bagotville, Quebec
- Duration :
- From 2017- Ongoing
- Certification :
- LEED Silver