Refurbisment in 3 phases
Dubuc bridge, Saguenay
Ministry of Transport, Sustainable Mobility and Electrification
The major reconstruction of the Dubuc bridge, phase 3, consists not only, as its name suggests, of the reconstruction of the Dubuc bridge, but also of the repair of 4 structures adjoining it and the demolition of the ramp entrance, south side, which gives a construction site with more than one (1) kilometer long.
The works are spread over 3 years from 2018 to 2020, during summer months and include :
- Repairing concrete on the surface and at depth of the existing slab.
- The demolition of the ramp (south side) on the Dubuc bridge.
- Replacement of deck joints.
- Replacement of super signage.
- Excavation and embankment work.
- Electrical works and steel structures.
- Demolition, formwork and concrete work for slabs and jerseys.
The challenge of this project is to execute the work while maintaining a certain fluidity for traffic on the bridge. Site logistics are put to the test, particularly with regard to the evacuation of construction waste and safe access to the site while active lanes surround the work area, which greatly complicates our activities.
- Customer :
- Ministry of Transport, Sustainable Mobility and Electrification
- Localisation :
- Saguenay, Quebec
- Services :
- Major refection of 4 bridge structures
Demolition of south side ramp entrance
- Duration :
- Summer months from 2018 to 2020
- Project Manager :
- Mathieu Simard